Saturday, August 30, 2008

in theory and practice


i don't know how it happened, but the school year is back again. it's time to say goodbye to whatever tan i have accumulated, and say hello to itchy sweaters. i am, in some weird way, excited to start school, but at the same time, i know it will be extremely daunting at times. concerts, homework, tests, auditions, having to notate a song just by hearing it, knowing the format, key signatures, modulations and year beethoven wrote every single one of his sonatas...*wince* ...all things i know i need to work hard at in order to pass. but i know that if God knows why He put me in those ridiculous classes, He knows how to get me out. even if i have no clue how to manage this crazy schedule of classes, i'm thankful that God knows what he's doing, and how to inject this material into my brain. i'm happy to know that i serve the one and only God who can give me strength for this school year, and every season after!
(yes. you're right. the picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post. but i like it.) =]

2 comments:

Jennifer Poole said...

you're stinking hilarious!! I love your new pictures, too. Hey, you can do it, sister. "Phil. 4:13 I can do anything through Him who gives me strength."

christine said...

thank you jenn! you're very encouraging. i've actually been trying to remind myself of that verse!